Basically we are asking everyone to “do as you would be done by” but just to be clear, here’s a list of what we will and will not allow on the Writing Online Forum.
- Before posting, please read any notes under the Thread Title – these will give very strong hints as to whether it is appropriate to link to your content in that thread.
- Remember that without the benefit of body language, the written word may not come across as it would if you were looking someone in the eye and smiling at them or if they could hear your voice. AVOID EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPITALS – it makes it look like you are shouting. Avoid txt spk coz it annoys the heck out of most people.
- This Forum is not to be used to circumvent rules on other sites. If it is not allowed elsewhere it is not allowed here.
- Please play nice – thou most definitely shall not point the finger, flame, harrass or bully anyone using this Forum. If you don’t agree with them, be polite about it.
- Be careful of posting when angry, upset, tired or “under the influence” of anything that will get you pulled over when driving.
Finally, please be mindful that the Forum Moderators have lives outside the Forum, particularly at weekends or holidays and that some of them are unpaid Volunteers – heck, what are we saying? We are ALL unpaid!!